We collect personal information from you that is reasonably necessary to provide you with health care services and for administrative and internal business purposes related to your attendance at IvyMed.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your credit card details;
- your health and medical history;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties such as a relative, another health service provider or an electronic government record repository. However, we will only do this if you have consented for us to collect your information in this way or where it is not reasonable or practical for us to collect this information directly from you.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- provide you with medical consultation services.
We may also use and disclose your sensitive information for the following purposes:
- Health professionals to provide your treatment: Our staff may also refer you to other health service providers for further treatment or diagnostic tests. These health professionals will have access to your health information as part of the process of providing your treatment.
- Your nominated medical practitioner: We may send a discharge summary to your referring or nominated medical practitioner. This is in accordance with long-standing health industry practice and is intended to inform your doctor of information that may be relevant to any ongoing care or treatment provided by them. You must let us know if you do not wish to provide a copy of your discharge summary to your nominated medical practitioner.
- Other health service providers: If you are being treated by a medical practitioner or health care facility that needs to have access to the health record of your treatment at IvyMed, we will generally require an authorisation from you to provide a copy of your record to that medical practitioner or health care facility. However, we may provide information about your health records to another medical practitioner or health facility outside of IvyMed without your consent in the event of an emergency and your life or health is at risk and you are not able to provide consent or as approved or authorised by law.
- Relatives, guardian, close friends or legal representative: We may provide information about your condition to your relatives, close personal friends, guardians or a person exercising your power of attorney under an enduring power of attorney or who you have appointed as your enduring guardian, unless you tell us that you do not wish us to disclose your health information to any such person.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
- We may disclose personal information to third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the APPs. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Sensitive information includes:
- an individual’s racial or ethnic origin,
- health information,
- political opinions,
- membership of a political association,
- professional or trade association or trade union,
- religious beliefs or affiliations,
- philosophical beliefs,
- sexual orientation or practices,
- criminal record,
- genetic information,
- biometric information that is to be used for certain purposes, and
- biometric templates.
Health information is a subset of personal information and includes information or an opinion about:
- the health or a disability (at any time) of an individual; or
- an individual’s expressed wishes about the future provision of health services to him or her; or
- a health service provided or to be provided to an individual, that is also personal information.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the APPs and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. As IvyMed may use shared resources, your patient medical records may be stored offsite with a third party provider.
IvyMed will destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information when the personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected, provided that IvyMed is not required under any laws to retain the information.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact us.